تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

افتراضي -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

Peace be upon you all
    I'm sure that alot of you have been eager to see the results of our participants

And now, without any more delays
    I introduce the four articles to vote for one

We will have two winners
    Each will be given a medal

And we have an extra medal for the best critic or comment

We have 3 participants
    and two who didn't submit
    and one disqualified

Zwei_17

The.B.King

الثغر المبتسم

ragod

Didn't submit in time

الآنسة سالي

Didn't submit in time

smasem
    Disqualified

You need 30 or more comments for you to be qualified for voting

Participants cannot vote or hint for their articles, and will be disqualified if did so

The vote will end in 10/08/2011

How to criticise (the criteria):
    The choice of the subject
    The language
    The editing
    Capturing the interest of the audience
    The use of different media such as videos, sounds, axternal resources, e-books...etc
    The general outlook
    The subject's relevance to literature

Don't forget that best comments that vriticise every one will be given a medal of participation

To read every article seperately
    1st Article
    2nd Article
    3rd Article

Here are the articles
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 5-8-2011 الساعة 07:09 PM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي William Faulkner, A Wrtiter Like No Other

? Hi guys.. whats happening
    I've been thinking alot on what to write about for the contest
    I'll introduce you to the life and works of William Faulkner
    I couldn't provide any books because this contest is what introduced me to him ^^"
    Enjoy, !

William Cuthbert Faulkner l|| September 25, 1897- July 6, 1962 ||l

William was born in New Albany, Mississippi and he was the oldest of all four brothers. He was born and raised in Mississippi until his fifth birthday when he and his family moved to Oxford where he stayed for the rest of his life.
    As a child he was influnced by his mother and grandmother who were great readers and photographers; educating him in visual language, he was also influnced by a black woman that raised him since he was an infant. His life-long education by Callie Barr is central to his novels' preoccupations with the politics of race.
    In 1919 he enrolled at Ole Miss for three semesters than dropped out in 1920.
    In 1918 Faulkner changed his surname from the original "Falkner". However, according to one story, a careless typesetter simply made an error, when the misprint appeared on the title page of his first book, Faulkner was asked whether he wanted a change it permanently. He said "Either way suits me."
    William served in the University of Virginia in 1957 and 1958. 1959 he suffered from a serious horseback riding injury. On July 6, 1962 William died from a heart attack and was buried along with his family in St. Peter's Cemetery in Oxford.

William was awarded the 1949 noble prize for literature fo "his powerful and artistically unique contribution to the modern American novel.", but he didn't receive it till the award banquet in 1950. He donated someof his noble winnings to establish a fund to encourage young fivction writers.
    Faulkner was also awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1955 for his novel "A Fable ", and the 1962 for "The Reivers".

Faulkner worked in a variety of media, he wrote short storys, novels, poetry, essays, screenplays, and plays; but he is most famous for his novels and short stories.

As I Lay Dying

Sanctuary

Light in August

Pylon

Absalom, Absalom !

The Unvanquished

(If I forgot The jeruselum) Wild Palms

The Hamlet

Go Down, Moses

Intruder in the Dust

Requiem for a Nun

A Fable

The Town

The Mansion

The Reivers

The sound and The Fury

Soldier's Pay

Mosqitoes

The Marble Faun
    A Green Bough

These 13 witch includes:
    Victory
    Ad Astra
    All The Dead Pilots
    Crevasse
    Red leaves A Rose For Emily
    A Justice
    Hair
    The evening Sun
    Dry September
    Mistral
    Divorce in Naples
    Carcassonne
    Knight's Gamblet

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 31-7-2011 الساعة 07:08 AM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي Gosho Aoyama

Peace be upon you all

How are you ? I hope you are in good situation

When we talk about detective Conan ,we talk about creativity , we talk about intelligence, we talk about one of the best and most famous anime series and manga over the years .

But , did you ever wonder about the source of this creativity ?
    Yes , you surely know , it's him , Aoyama-sensei or Gosho Aoyama .

So , let's know more about this guy

Gosho Aoyama or his real name Yoshimasa Aoyama was born on June 21 ,1963 (48 years) in Hokuei, Tottori Prefecture, Japan
    He is mangaka (manga artist) and author , best known as the creator of manga series detective Conan .
    As a child , Aoyama-sensei was talented in drawing . he won a competition when he was in first grade in elementary school because of his painting of "Yukiai War" which was displayed at the Tottori Daimaru Department Store .
    After graduating from high school , He went on to study in Nihon University College of Art in Tokyo .
    In winter of 1986 . when he was 23 , he joined a comic contest for freshmen students , and also won the contest and that was a stepping-stone for his career as mangaka and author , as well as a turning point for his life

Aoyama-sensei made his debut as mangaka with the work Chotto Matte ( wait a minute ) which was published in the weekly magazine Shōnen Sunday on winter of 1987. shortly after that another work by Aoyama, Magic Kaito, was published on the same magazine.

In the early 1990s, another story done by Aoyama named Yaiba (sometimes showed in detective Conan as children tv series ) came out; the manga series was released in 24 volumes. Later, he would release other manga series in volumes (tankōbon), such as Third Baseman No.4, Gosho Aoyama's Collection of Short Stories, and Detective Conan.

What did Aoyama-sensei get of awards ?
    Aoyama-sensei has won two awards of Shogakukan Manga Award , one was for Yaiba and that was in 1992 .
    11 years later specially in 2001 , he has won the other award for his most popular work detective Conan.
    Additionally , his most popular character Conan Edogawa has won awards too from Aoyama's hometown (Hokuei) .
    But these awards are different because they are projects , one of them is the Conan Bridge across the Yura River and the other is the Conan statues in the town.
    On March 18, 2007, the Gosho Aoyama Manga Factory, a museum that celebrates Aoyama's career as a manga artist, was opened in the same town

On May 5, 2005, he was married to Minami Takayama, a singer and voice actress who gave the voice of Conan in the original Japanese anime adaptation of Aoyama's Detective Conan. On December 10, 2007, the two were divorced .

Chotto Matte (wait a minute) (1987)

This is the first manga story for Aoyama and one of his colliction of short stories, It tells the story of a boy genius named Yutaka Takai, whose time machine jetpack sends his love interest through time for two years.

Yaiba (1988–1993)

It is a 24-volume manga series about the adventures of a young samurai named Yaiba Kurogane. It was later adapted into a 52-episode anime series.

3rd Base 4[SUP]th[/SUP] (1993)
    It is a one-volume manga that tells the story of a boy named Shigeo Nagashima, a mediocre baseball player on his high school team. One day, he buys a magical bat from a sporting goods store that allows him to hit every pitch. However, he has to pay the mysterious store for each pitch he hits.

Magic Kaito (1988–2007)

It is a four-volume manga series that tells the comical adventures of Kaitou Kid, a gentleman thief who often uses his skills in magic and disguise in every robbery he commits. The first three volumes of the manga series was originally released in 1988-1994; the fourth volume was released in February 2007. Although the manga series is on hold, Kaitou Kid still appears regularly in Detective Conan .

Detective Conan or Case Closed (1994)

It is an ongoing manga series and Aoyama"s best work that tells the story of a genius high school detective who one day is turned into a young boy by mysterious men. While trying to track down these men, he often encounters complicated mysteries, most of which only he can solve. This series is Aoyama's most well-known creation.

Tell me a lie (2007)

This is a one-shot manga about a girl named Terumi Arai, who can read people's minds when she looks them in the eyes.

Aoyama also has Various short works written over the years:

- play again

- Excalibur

- Santa Claus in the summer
    - The detective George's job (Detective George's little little & great operations)-
    - wait a minute
    - Shōnen Sunday 19(talk) show "The wandering red butterfly

You can download all these short stories in arabic translation by Mct in here

Aoyama has a lot of interests , I will mention some of them

- Reading police stories : specially Arthur Conan Doyle's books

- watching baseball matchs : he likes Yomiuri Giants team (Tokyo Giants)

-watching football matchs (soccer) :
    He is one of the Italian team Juventus's fans

practicing Kendo (way of the sword) : He was practicing this art for 10 years-

Now I will offer you some of a recent interview with Gosho Aoyama

What were you like as a child ?
    I was like the kids in the Detective Boys, and often went around exploring different places with my friends. Rather than being like Conan, I was more of a Mitsuhiko-type. I played the role of looking for supplies and places, and set a junkyard of a body shop in my hometown as our secret base.

How did you become a manga artist ?
    As my parents were against it, I almost gave up on my dream of becoming a manga artist when I was in high school. Instead, I decided to become an art teacher and enrolled in Nihon University College of Art. There, I joined the Manga Studies Club that high schools in the countryside didn't have (laughs). There, I met the club's alumnus, manga artist Abe Yutaka-san (Kuma-chan no Christmas, Detective Conan Special Edition). When I was working for Abe-san as an assistant, he asked “Do you want to try drawing manga for real?” That was how it all started.

After Yaiba, it's finally Detective Conan. What kind of image did you have in mind when you created the series?
    It was Mikeneko Holmes/Calico Cat Holmes. A cat can't possibly understand the cases, yet it solves them by touching (and thus pointing out) the key pieces of evidence. That's just like Conan. A kid can't possibly understand anything, yet he goes “Ah-re-re~?” Conan was created based on an image of a speaking Mikeneko Holmes.

When you first started, how long did you plan for Conan to last?
    I really didn't expect it to last this long. I thought it might end after the first volume. Also, about the name "Conan," initially the editor-in-chief told me to change it to Detective Doyle because there was already an anime called Conan, The Boy in Future (directed by Miyazaki Hayao), but I said “I'd overtake The Boy in Future!” and it finally got through. But the new serialization's announcement said Tantei Shonen Conan/Detective Boy Conan, and I thought no way, this is pretty bad (laughs). However, about 10 years ago, someone from Ghibli* said to me, “when you talk about Conan now you'd be referring to the detective,” and I thought “Yes, I did it!”
    *Studio Ghibli was started by the producers of Conan, The Boy in Future.

Please tell us the five episodes that you like best in Conan.
    My favorite is The Shaking Metropolitan Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages (episode #304). It seems like this is also the most popular episode among readers. What else? The two-and-a-half-hour special in the anime, The Showdown With The Black Organization: Two Mysteries of the Night of the Full Moon (#345), I guess. The episode where Heiji first appeared, The Murder of the Diplomat (#48, #49)—the scene where Shinichi said “That's wrong…” was quite well-directed in my opinion. I also like the line “There is always… just one and only one truth…” The anime's catchphrase is “There is always only one truth!”, right? That line was written by the anime's scriptwriter, who wrote it at the same time I drew the scene. I was really surprised at the coincidence. I like The Mysterious Passenger (#230, #231) too. Conan's words “Don't run away Haibara… Don't run away… from your own destiny…” left a deep impression on me. Shinichi really chooses his words very carefully. Also, the recentHolmes' Revelation (#616-). Since it's the place Conan has always dreamed of going to, I put a lot of effort into this one. I also personally went to the scene to gather materials.

Which character do you like drawing?
    Haibara, I guess. It seems like she was popular among readers right from her first appearance. She is a character that does what I want to do, and says what I want to say for me. That is also why I use Haibara as the character that says out my comments on the “Conan News Agency”* website.

How were you involved in the latest movie, Detective Conan: Quarter of Silence?
    The decision to use the number 15 as the movie's theme (a quarter = 15 minutes) was a consensus between the movie's staff and me. To use snowy mountains as the setting was my suggestion. After being buried by an avalanche, the time limit for one to survive is 15 minutes—I thought this was a good way to fit the theme.

Among all the Conan movies, which one do you recommend?
    The fifth movie, Countdown to Heaven. Various things were nicely put together; it's a piece of work that I'm proud of. My younger brother also said that it was his favorite. My brother's a doctor and an anime otaku (laughs). I often ask him for his opinion, with regards to things like the time of death, the main causes of death and so on. He's like a walking medical dictionary, and it's really convenient! He's also familiar with voice actors and actresses, and he'll call to say things like "Hayashibara-san will be perfect as Haibara's voice actress!" He'll also find fault with me sometimes, saying "You're just resting on your laurels because the series is popular."

If you get to take a break, what would you like to do?
    Sleep. Get one long, good sleep. Get up for a little while, watch a movie, and go back to sleep again (laughs). That's my dream life. And I want to try living in a hotel too…

Please draw it! Lastly, please leave a message for our readers.
    Thank you for following Aoyama Gosho's world over this long period of time, and please continue to stay with me in the days to come. “Now, it's time for the next case.” (Laughs

well , we reach the end of my simple article

I hope you enjoyed

In Allah save

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 31-7-2011 الساعة 07:08 AM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي ❀◕‿◕❀ Japan in our heart ღ Kazuo Ishiguro ❀◕‿◕❀

Ladies and gentlemen,
    Peace be upon you ,
    Allah's mercy and blessings ^_^

praise
    be to Allah , and peace and blessings be upon his messanger Muhammad ; and upon his family and companions ^.^

How are you
    ? I hope every one is all right and every body enjoying the school holidays^__^

We Japan . It's in our heart

especially me .. I Japan very much
    maybe one day I'll married a Japanese girl >>> loool ^^"

I chose a great
    Writer who's we'll enjoy with his writing about two worlds ( English world " England " and Japanese wrold ) .. so be ready to sailing with us ^__^

once upon a time , I was reading a book . suddenly , I saw
    a japanese name in that time ! There was a noise , I didn't care about anything . His name attract me so much ! so I just want read about him and then begin to read one of his novel . When I was reading somone screaming and screaming , I didn't notice that at all . beside me was a nice man who attract me by his hand to notice that someone is calling me . I can't tell how my face was

No one know why I was not hearing him , then
    one day I told my friend about the story !

When I saw the Japanese name I already love great Japanese people , so I began to read about hime first .Then when I open the book , someone was
    talking to me ! In the first I didn't know he's the writer .. I didn't believe my eyes !

>>> you're Kazz .. you're the novelisttttt .. ! oh man .. you're kidding me!

when the man
    hitted me nicely . I closed the book ! after some minutes I opened the imaginary book , there was nothing except these words :

" It's real no lie or magic It's real ! "

I wrote : " I want to make an appointment , Can I ? "

He wrote :
    " yes , of course
    write the time and the day
    "

> before I write the time I sawan advertisment " -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ Registeration ☀- " in MSOMS World

so
    I write the time and the day , It was absolutely today ^__^

Let's enjoy today with a great writer who'll talk about himself ^^"

> he started talking about himself in general

My Journey !

My name's Kazuo Ishiguro and in Japan they called me ( : カズオ・イシグロ )

Kazuo Ishiguro

I was born in Nagasaki , Japan. In 1960 he and my family moved to Britain , where I studied at the University of Kent and then the University of the East Anglia .My writing was first noticed by the critics when I contributed threee short stories to a collection of new writers' works in 1981 .My first novel, A Pale view of Hills , was awarded the Winifred Holtby Memorial prize Prize by the Royal Society of Literature ; it has been translated into thirteen languages . My second novel, An artist of the Floating World , was shortlisted for the Booker Prize and won the Whitbread Book of the year Award for 1986 ;it has been translated into fourteen languages . My best-known novel is The Remains of the Day ( 1989 ) , which won the 1989 Booker Prize , and which was made into a film in 1993 starring son . I write very movingly about ordinary peoples's feelings especially their hopes and regrets . Despite my Japanese origin , all my books are written in English . I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and were awarded on OBE ( Officer of the Order of the British Empire ) in 1995
    Now I live in London , England
    other works by me ( Kazuo Ishiguro ) : A Pale View of Hills , Am Artist of the Floating World , The Unconsoled , When We Were Orphans , Never Let Me Go

> then he told me about his life in Japan

imaginary Japan!

I was born in Japan and have a Japanese name( the characters in the surname Ishiguro mean 'rock' and 'black' respectively ). I set my first two novels in Japan; however, in several interviews I have had to clarify to the reading audience that I have little familiarity with Japanese writing and that my works bear little resemblance to Japanese fiction. In a 1990 interview I said, "If I wrote under a pseudonym and got somebody else to pose for my jacket photographs, I'm sure nobody would think of saying, " This reminds me of a lovely Japanese writer who said Although some Japanese writers have had a distant influence on his writing — Jun'ichirō Tanizaki is the one he most frequently cites — I have said that Japanese films, especially those of Yasujirō Ozu and Mikio Naruse, have been a more significant influence. I left Japan in 1960 at the age of 5 and did not return until 1989, nearly 30 years later, as a participant in the Japan Foundation Short-Term Visitors Program. In an interview with Kenzaburo Oe, I acknowledged that the Japanese settings of my first two novels were imaginary: "I grew up with a very strong image in my head of this other country, a very important other country to which I had a strong emotional tie. In England I was all the time buildingup this picture in my head, an imaginary Japan ".

My works in Literary world
    Novels

A Pale View of Hills
    (1982)
    An Artist of the Floating World
    (1986)
    The Remains of the Day
    (1989)
    The Unconsoled
    (1995)
    When We Were Orphans
    ( 2000)
    Never Let Me Go
    ( 2005)

A Pale View of Hills

A Pale View of Hills

During a visit from her daughter, Niki, Etsuko reflects back on her own life as a young woman in Japan, and how she left that country to live in Britain. As she describes it, she and her Japanese husband, Jiro, had a daughter together, and a few years later Etsuko met a British man and moved with him to Britain. She took her elder daughter, Keiko, to Britain to live with her and the new husband. When Etsuko and her new husband have a daughter, Etsuko wants to call her something "modern" and her husband wants an Eastern-sounding name, so they compromise with the name "Niki," which seems to Etsuko to be perfectly British, but sounds to her husband at least slightly Japanese.

In Britain, Keiko becomes increasingly solitary and antisocial. Etsuko recalls how, as Keiko grew older, she would lock herself in her room and emerge only to pick up the dinner-plate that her mother would leave for her in the kitchen. This disturbing behavior ends, as the reader already has learned, in Keiko's suicide. "Your father," Etsuko tells Niki, "was rather idealistic at times. really believed we could give her a happy life over here... But you see, Niki, I knew all along. I knew all along she wouldn't be happy over here."
    Etsuko tells her daughter, Niki, that she had a friend in Japan named Sachiko. Sachiko had a daughter named Mariko, a girl whom Etsuko's memory paints as exceptionally solitary and antisocial. Sachiko, Etsuko recalls, had planned to take Mariko to America with an American soldier identified only as "Frank." Clearly, Sachiko's story bears striking similarities to Etsuko's

Download

E-Book : La ilaha illa Allah
    * Every night and every day Never forget to say La ilaha illa Allah

In An Artist of the Floating World, Kazuo Ishiguro offers readers of the English language an authentic look at postwar Japan, "a floating world" of changing cultural behaviors, shifting societal patterns and troubling questions. Ishiguro, writes the story of Masuji Ono, a bohemian artist and purveyor of the night life who became a propagandist for Japanese imperialism during the war. But the war is over. Japan lost, Ono's wife and son have been killed, and many young people blame the imperialists for leading the country to disaster. What's left for Ono? Ishiguro's treatment of this story earned a 1986 Whitbread Prize.

Download

E-Book : Alhamdulillah
    *,All praises to Allah, All praises to Allah .. Alhamdulillah

The Unconsoled

The Unconsoled

The Unconsoled is at once a gripping psychological mystery, a wicked satire of the cult of art, and a poignant character study of a man whose public life has accelerated beyond his control. The setting is a nameless Central European city where Ryder, a renowned pianist, has come to give the most important performance of his life. Instead, he finds himself diverted on a series of cryptic and infuriating errands that nevertheless provide him with vital clues to his own past. In The Unconsoled Ishiguro creates a work that is itself a virtuoso performance, strange, haunting, and resonant with humanity and wit.

"A work of great interest and originality.... Ishiguro has mapped out an aesthetic territory that is all his own...frankly fantastic [and] fiercer and funnier than before."-- The New Yorker

E-Book : Thanks you Allah
    *I wanna thank you for all the things that you’ve done

When We Were Orphans

When We Were Orphans

hen 9-year-old Christopher Banks's father--a British businessman involved in the opium trade--disappears from the family home in Shanghai, the boy and his friend Akira play at being detectives: "Until in the end, after the chases, fist-fights and gun-battles around the warren-like alleys of the Chinese districts, whatever our variations and elaborations, our narratives would always conclude with a magnificent ceremony held in Jessfield Park, a ceremony that would see us, one after another, step out onto a specially erected stage ... to greet the vast cheering crowds." But Christopher's mother also disappears, and he is sent to live in England, where he grows up in the years between the world wars to become, he claims, a famous detective. His family's fate continues to haunt him, however, and he sifts through his memories to try to make sense of his loss. Finally, in the late 1930s, he returns to Shanghai to solve the most important case of his life. But as Christopher pursues his investigation, the boundaries between fact and fantasy begin to evaporate. Is the Japanese soldier he meets really Akira? Are his parents really being held in a house in the Chinese district? And who is Mr. Grayson, the British official who seems to be planning an important celebration? "My first question, sir, before anything else, is if you're happy with the choice of Jessfield Park for the ceremony? We will, you see, require substantial space."
    In When We Were Orphans Kazuo Ishiguro uses the conventions of crime fiction to create a moving portrait of a troubled mind, and of a man who cannot escape the long shadows cast by childhood trauma. Sherlock Holmes needed only fragments--a muddy shoe, cigarette ash on a sleeve--to make his deductions, but all Christopher has are fading recollections of long-ago events, and for him the truth is much harder to grasp. Ishiguro writes in the first person, but from the beginning there are cracks in Christopher's carefully restrained prose, suggestions that his version of the world may not be the most reliable. Faced with such a narrator, the reader is forced to become a detective too, chasing crumbs of truth through the labyrinth of Christopher's memory.
    Ishiguro has never been one for verbal pyrotechnics, but the unruffled surface of this haunting novel only adds to its emotional power. When We Were Orphans is an extraordinary feat of sustained, perfectly controlled imagination, and in Christopher Banks the author has created one of his most memorable characters.

Download

E-Book : Allahu Akbar
    soon
    *when you lose your way To Allah you should turn
    As HE promise HE will always be there

Never Let Me Go

Never Let Me Go
    The novel describes the childhood of Kathy H., a young woman of 31, focusing at first on her youth at an unusual boarding school and eventually, her adult life. The story takes place in a dystopian Britain, in which human beings are cloned to provide donor organs for transplants. Kathy and her classmates have been created to be donors, though temporarily, the adult Kathy is working as a "carer," someone who supports and comforts donors as they are made to give up their organs and, eventually, submit to death. As in Ishiguro’s other works, the truth of the matter is made clear only gradually, via veiled but suggestive language and situations. The novel is divided in three parts, chronicling the three phases of the lives of its main characters. The first part is set at Hailsham, a boarding school where the children are brought up and educated. The teachers there mysteriously encourage the students to produce various forms of art. The best works are chosen by a woman known only as Madame and are said to be collected in a gallery. That Hailsham is not a normal school is also indicated by the emphasis on frequent medical checks and other odd details. While the students of Hailsham are often cliquey, capricious and cruel, the three main characters - Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy - develop a stable friendship during this time. Kathy herself is a rather shy girl with romantic dreams of becoming a mother when she grows up, though we learn that this will be impossible. Tommy is an isolated boy who has difficulty in relating to others and is often the target of bullies, while Ruth is an extrovert with strong opinions. In the second part, the characters, now young adults, move to the Cottages, residential complexes where they start to have contacts with the external world and they are relatively free to do what they want. A romantic relationship develops between Ruth and Tommy, while Kathy explores her sexuality but without forming any stable connections. It is here, at the cottage, that they think they've met Ruth possible (in other words, her clone sister). But, as they approach this person, they realize that they were wrong and all go home feeling disappointed. The third part describes the characters becoming donors (Tommy and Ruth) and carers (Kathy). Kathy cares for Ruth and then, after Ruth completes (an euphemism for death), she takes care of Tommy. Encouraged by Ruth's last wishes, Kathy and Tommy visit Madame, where they also meet their old headmistress, Miss Emily. At this time, they learn why artistic production had always been emphasized at Hailsham: the teachers wanted to prove that the clones had souls, that they possessed intellect, creativity, and humanity. The clones learn that Hailsham in general was an experiment, an effort to improve the conditions for clones and perhaps alter the attitudes of society; one that prefers to view them merely as non-human sources of organs. The teachers failed in their efforts, and consequently Hailsham was closed. The novel ends, after the death of Tommy, on a note of resignation, as Kathy accepts her own inevitable fate as a donor and her eventual "completion".

Download

E-Book : Alhamdulillah
    *You created everything We belong to You
    Ya Robb we raise our hands Forever we thank You

This the book which I read a part from it .. and It was an imaginary book >>>> ^^"

The Remains of the Day

The Remains of the Day

The story is told from the point of view of Stevens , an elderly English butler , who has worked in Lond Darligton's large country house for most of his life . When Lord Dalington dies , the house is bought by an American , and Stevens stays on as his butler . As he gets older , however ,he begins to wonder if he has wasted his life . He discovers feelings which . up to now, he has never allowed himself to express .

At the moment Stevens is taking a short motoring holiday in the south-west of England , and is staying in Weymouth , a seaside town . He is sitting on a beach when a stranger joins him , an they start a conversation . Stevens tells the stranger he is a butler in a grand house , and even passes on some of his professional secrets

Download

E-Book : Subhan Allah

Short fiction

Three short stories in Introduction 7: Stories by New Writers (1981): ‘A Strange and Sometimes Sadness’, ‘Waiting for J’ and ‘Getting Poisoned
    A Family Supper - short story first published in 1982
    Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall (2009)

Films

The Remains of the Day, directed by James Ivory in 1993

Never Let Me Go, directed by Mark Romanek in 2010

more info :

http://www.contemporarywriters.com/authors/?p=auth52
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuo_Ishiguro

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 31-7-2011 الساعة 07:09 AM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي famous character

Disqualified for voting for her article
    Participants cannot vote or hint for their articles, and will be disqualified if did so

Hey guys
    ok , I know I know
    You won't read it till the end with your corrent situation
    "I know you're bored and "STUFF

that's why I thought and came up with this idea
    why don't we play a game first
    ?

to know the character we'll be reading about today
    then get into it with a high spirit

ok
    but before we get started
    let me tell you something

don't click on the button below till you solve the puzzle
    cause you'll ruin the game
    ok .. best wishes

I know you didn't cheat
    Congrats on your winning

just as the dew on the flower's leaves

just as the flowers that blooms every spring

and just as the consistent colours of the rainbow

The paint of the mona lisa is

Ok I know I'm not that good when it comes to expression

but just deal with it.
    =D

Born :-April 15, 1452(1452-04-15)
    Died :-May 2, 1519(1519-05-02) (aged 67)
    Nationality :- italian
    Famous works :- Mona lisa , the last super and the vitruvian man .
    =D

Leonardo was born in the Tuscan hill town of Vinci
    Leonardo lived his first five years in his mother's house in the hamlet of Anchiano

then he moved to another house in the household if his father uncle and grandparents

and then his father married a sixteen years old girl that was named Albiera
    and she loved leonardo but unfortunatly , she died young .
    But then afterward his father married another woman named Lanfredini when he was 16.

leonardo had an informal education in latin , geometry and mathematics.
    =D

Kyaaa
    even though I have no sense when it comes to art
    I just like mona lisa's paint
    I wish someone could draw me just as perfect as mona lisa's paint
    anyhow =P
    let's get started

Mona lisa

he had lingered over it four years, left it unfinished , It is known that such behavior is common in most paintings of Leonardo who regretted "never having completed a single work =]

and just as known her pride was satisfied by leondaro's charm
    mona lisa's face >>>

The last super

Adoration of the Magi

Annunciation

As always
    anything has a beginning and end
    <<<
    what are you crying about ? the picture above has a smiley face don't try to deceive us
    =P

Leonardo died at Clos Lucé, on May 2, 1519.
    Vasari records that the King held Leonardo's head in his arms as he died.

The place where leonardo died

his statue at the uffizi , florence.
    (
    note:- of course we all know that it's forbidden as told by our prophet mohammad peace be upon him )

I personally,
    have absolutely no sense when it comes to arts as I said beofre
    I just find it amazing how he could draw such a paint
    compared to my "hung-man"
    anyway , we all know
    wether it's art or whatever
    drawing creatures except plants is forbidden << just like you as an example

=D
    just wanted to point that
    thank you for reading till the very end
    I appreciate it

=D

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 1-8-2011 الساعة 06:27 AM

الصورة الرمزية Nino chan

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2011
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    أنثى
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

افتراضي رد: -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

الســلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته =)

peace be upon everyone ~
    Mubark 3layna wa 3laykum Ramadan

~

what a lovely contest ... ^^
    even though the works are limited, still the contest is very interesting

I almost read most of the 4 articles

so i'll begin one by one of them ...

1st :# William Faulkner
    writing about this famous figure makes me wanting to let you win
    yet after reading
    okay ... about your ideas, information... they are good but not enough ...
    at least you could've write in details about one of his best works ...
    I'm saying so, because i really wanna know about him
    as I read " A Rose for Emily" by him
    ... to know about his past, it's very interesting to know about his strong relationship with his mom
    about your language, it's very good ! congratsss
    yet and yet ^^ you need to care more about your punctuation

about the outlook of your article ... it's DARK
    -___-
    you should have colored some important points
    but the designs are very lovely ... I loved them ××

all in all
    you did well , but give a look to other articles to see what you lack !
    best of best

: there's a fatal misprint in the title of your article in the voting box
    ^^ let someone edit it for you

And now ...
    2nd:# Gosho Oyama (
    i hope i wrote it right^^"") lol

writing about him ... am not satisfied with the idea itself ... so maybe... I'll be harsh ^^

okay , it's obvious that you're a big fan of Him
    about your language, at first i was okay with it... as it's very attractive to capture my attention about who you're going to talk about
    ^^ what a long sentence ^^"" lol
    but ... when you started your delivering your information, I lost my desire to go on ... because they are " stuffy" info
    and ... above it all ... i felt no feeling from you about what you've written ...
    as they are reported wordZ

so about designs and the general outlook
    they are very great ...
    what else hmmm

okay the last point , writing about mangaka might be good ... but to me ... I'm still living in classical time " i mean literature " lol
    of course manga is more interesting when it's compared to novels for example ...
    however, i wish for you the best
    Conan fans will love your topic
    &&

3rd:# Kazuo Ishiguro

Japan also ... btw i heard that an earthquake hit it yesterday
    ^^""

ah .. a long sigh ... before starting
    the idea is great ... and talking about him ... made me read the whole article ...
    it's my first time to know about him ... even i know a lot of writers

your style of writing is very interesting , compered with others ... it forced me to read the rest of the article
    and the best thing you've done is ... you were ready for every thing ..
    i mean ... your information are good enough to let me read one of his works ...
    and thank you for the links also ...

your English is pretty good and lovely
    btw , you can work in ADs

about designs and the general outlook
    you could've worked more in this point ... some do better in this point
    but it's good at least

thank you for this new writer ( for me) and you've worked pretty good
    best of best

4th:# Leonardo

okay ... i was surprised ... just only ... the contest is about literature and not Arts
    even painting and literature are branches of Arts
    i don't have a lot to say here ... as i cannot see literature
    btw ; it's the last sup
    per not " super"lol

... but to be fair and square your writing is pretty good but it needs more organizing
    my best wishes

and by this
    my vote deserves No. Three as well

Best of Best for every one

Nino ~

الصورة الرمزية Zwei_17

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2009
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

افتراضي رد: -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

I feel bad from the beginning .gif" border="0" alt="" title="0" class="inlineimg" />

May Allah help me to get the first medal for me in msoms .gif" border="0" alt="" title="0" class="inlineimg" />

oh forgot , thank you sir. mohbaboo and ms.Neeno

In Allah save

الصورة الرمزية The.B.king

تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2010
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Zwei_17
    I think i feel the same way too .. good luck to you and to everyone else
    there r some very interesting writers
    thnx mobaboo again for this wonderful contest
    i'd also like to thank nino
    .gif" border="0" alt="" title="0" class="inlineimg" /> your reply was amazing

الصورة الرمزية ragod

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2009
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    أنثى
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Reading right now

But to think about the Internet problems i couldn't put mine
    Nah
    it didn't work until 4 a.m. =\ what a bad connection
    I'll try next time
    ( خيرها في غيرها )
    See You next time and good luck for all -clab0" class="inlineimg" />

الصورة الرمزية Smasem

تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    أنثى
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

there's a saying that goes :- "everybody makes mistakes"
    that suits this situation perfectly =P
    cause yeah
    you're a critic , but
    you also made some mistakes
    lemme make 'em clear

at least you could've write in details about one of his best works ...
    ok so , grammatically you should say "you could have written" =D
    so yeah that's wrong

when you started your delivering your information
    well, I wouldn't have made my sentence that way >.> it's like
    you should have said "when you started delivering your information"
    why did you add "
    your" in the middle ?
    anyway@_@ ...

i felt no feeling from you about what you've written
    you should've said "I had no feeling" or "felt nothing" I don't think that saying "I felt no feeling" is a proper sentence LOL =P ..
    anyway @_@

even i know a lot of writers
    where's though ?
    well, it can be if you're trying to say something like "even I (at the very least - as if you're pointing that you don't know that much writers) know a lot of writers"
    but that's not the way it seemed to me >.> ..
    cause you were talking a lot about you knowing many writers and @_@anyhow @_@
    he could have banned the
    Participant
    but he just didn't -.-
    that's all
    =D although I really liked your Criticism
    but the more I read it the more I get confused >.>
    anyway
    thank you

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

Sorry to say this, but No.04 has been dropped from the contest
    Rules are the rules
    I will leave the article for the general benefit and the votes won't be counted for it

Good luck for the rest

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2011
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    مصر
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Subject of more than wonderful

الصورة الرمزية Zwei_17

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2009
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Mr.Mohbabo

If No.04 has been dropped , then it would be better if you delete it from the voting because there is another new vote for it

maybe it will get another vote if you let it like this

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Zwei_17 مشاهدة المشاركة
    Mr.Mohbabo

If No.04 has been dropped , then it would be better if you delete it from the voting because there is another new vote for it

maybe it will get another vote if you let it like this

Done after I chased trooki for so long XD

الصورة الرمزية lavandera

تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2009
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    مصر
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    أنثى
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

peace be upon everybody xD

first i wanna thank Mr. Mohbaboo for the great contest

i wish i could have joined you but unfortunately i didn't have enough time as i have travelled

all the articles are really great and their writers did their best

-clab0" class="inlineimg" />
    I am gonna say my opinion honestly and i hope that no one will get annoyed

The introductory of the first article is really really amazing

I like its style

But the most article that drew my attention was the second article as it is about a person who we care about and love him very much

And in the third article your way in telling the story is really cool << I loved it

At the end i wanna say good luck for all of you

الصورة الرمزية Phoenix

تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    -
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Alsalam Alykom

Hello everyone -clab0" class="inlineimg" /> ,,,This is my first comment since a loong time ,, my account here is from a really long time ago , but i didn't really use it that much before ,, this time ensha2llah I'm going to participate and be active ,,
    so everyone please welcome me >> :P

I love the idea of this contest, And I enjoyed reading the articles
    Here is my opinion about the articles

Article No.1

The first one was ok ,, i liked the design and the cool dark colors, and the English was great,, but the article intro needed to be more catchy and it was too short ,there wasn't enough info
    the writer should have talked more about William faulkner's life and work and included a summery about some of his greatest works
    also adding some links ,, would be nice,, as a reader i would have liked to know more

Article no.2

I liked the writer's choice ,, I don't really follow conan but I've watched some of the episodes and i definitely think who ever wrote them is a genius
    The language is great .
    design and colors are ok ,, the article was full and entertaining it showed the professional and personal side for Gosho Ayoma
    and i liked the the idea of adding an interview

Article no.3

Now this one here is amazzing XD ,, >> the one I voted for )
    i loved the intro ,, It immediately pulls the reader in ,,
    you know it kinda reminded me of harry potter when he was talking to Tom Riddle's Diary >>> Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

the language was good the grammar was a bit messy just some mistakes ,, but in general it was ok

The design is colorful and catchy
    and good choice of kazuo Ishiguro's pics >> hhhh XP ,, No really

,, a satisfying summery for each book and and there are also E-books
    the links for the Ebooks dont work though ><" !!

I didn't know about this writer, I'm excited now to read his books.

I think this is the best article its so fun to read

------------------------------------------------------

So that is my opinion,,,

Every participant here , and the organizer worked hard thank you all for your efforts

----------------------------------------------------------

-clab0" class="inlineimg" />

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

Anyone who voted while they have less than 30 participations, their votes won't be counted unless they raise them before the end of the contest

keep that in mind

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 5-8-2011 الساعة 08:09 PM

الصورة الرمزية Phoenix

تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    -
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة mohbaboo مشاهدة المشاركة
    Anyone who voted while they have less than 50 participations, their votes won't be counted unless they raise them before the end of the contest

keep that in mind
    Does That mean me ?? why? ,,

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

Sorry, I meant 30

You need 30 or more comments for you to be qualified for voting

The vote will end in 10/08/2011

الصورة الرمزية Phoenix

تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    -
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة mohbaboo مشاهدة المشاركة
    Sorry, I meant 30
    Aha ,, ok thanks for telling me ,,

صفحة 1 من 2 12 الأخيرةالأخيرة

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك