تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2006
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    أنثى
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

Post رد: -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

peace be upon you all dear readers and members
    That was a Great work indeed sir mohbaboo
    I'm impressed !
    I really was super busy and couldn't join you guys
    but anyways I'm grateful since it's all about literature and now I'm thrilled to Comment on it as requested above
    ok let's get going !
    Hope you won't hate me after that

&*&*&*&*

William Faulkner, A Wrtiter Like No Other

The choice of the subject:
    As a Noble price owner , his work must be worth reading though we never have had him in our studies but the ability to create this collection of writings will surely make him among the notable figures of the previous century , I go very much with your taste.

Capturing the interest of the audience :
    With this bunch of novels and short stories of which we have such memorable titles , I think everyone will be more than thrilled to particularly specify a coffee time for his books .

How much the article is relevant to English literature :
    An American writer lived in Britain and created a large number of stories and other literary forms , won Noble pries for English literature . This is 100% relevant to be shown here .

General outlook:
    The whole article is mainly brief in its body , and by brief I mean not long enough to give at least a brief biography about this literary figure .And looking at the information you provided I still nearly know not more than his name and some other minor things away from literature . Let me clarify this a bit , you started with so many little info about his early life then you moved straight for a fact that is entirely minor which is his name and how he changed it into a different spelled one , then you jumped to his later life and death !

where is literature and work ? I still was waiting for it. So you could have replaced all that by bringing facts like his first work and by who he was influenced then ,the work that was big enough to bring him fame ..etc.

Simply you didn't focus on the main point in the contest which is literature not his people .

other than that your dividers and designs are very classy, I liked them and your language is clear as well.
    It's a good looking work but incomplete.

The use of different media:
    You did well when you showed his well known novels and short stories but still there is a gap since you didn't offer download links for them or at the very least a brief summary .
    You could have also provided some quotes of his own work or quotes spoken by other authors praising him so that it could enrich your work .

&*&*&*&*

Gosho Aoyama

The choice of the subject#
    Looking at the title we will immediately figure out that he is no English author while the contest is held in an English forum and about English literature as well !
    yet Gosh Aoyama is a wonder too !

Except that it has nothing to do with English literature you've made a unique choice indeed.

Capturing the interest of the audience #
    I was pretty much interested in his life , how can't I while I'm reading about the one who amazed us since childhood with his detective stories , we really owe him the beautiful moment we spent enchanted by his imaginations that knows no limits !

The use of different media#
    Actually you showed some manga along with their summary but It feels like I want to read him more than just that, besides you didn't even offer downloading links for them , instead you put links for the Arabic version which is fully a big mistake I believe !

People! It's an English contest not Arabic or even Japanese !

How are we supposed to take their advantages later in the forum since they're Arabic ?

General outlook#
    Your information was pretty sufficient to get us better understand of his work as a mangaka, you also included your essay an interview and this is a good point as a backup for his personal life .

# How much the article is relevant to English literature :
    It is relevant to literature , perhaps children literature but not the English one I see .

&*&*&*&*

Kazuo Ishiguro

The choice of the subject#
    Though I was surprised to see another Asian face , I didn't wait long to realize how this author is really brilliant . I donno but he reminds me of
    شعراء المهجر

#The Language
    It is a little confusing ; you started "my journey " section using first person pronoun then you suddenly switched to third person and then back to first person which made some overlapping to me and I didn't know what you mean by "he and my family ".

Also you have a lot of grammatical mistakes that won't suit the context since we talk about literature
    (the language must be correct and clear )

Capturing the interest of the audience #
    Having a conversation with your favorite author , everyone dreams of that !
    You actually brought something new when you started your article by a story of your own that would gradually present us to your author .
    Except your grammatical errors I liked your intro.

General outlook#
    Everything to me seems to be perfectly done . a very neat work indeed . But I disliked the mistakes as I said earlier in addition to the repeated pictures you put for him every while , you could have used some well prepared dividers instead. Also I guess you much better stick to Tahoma font size 2 coz It's more clear and would make the whole work neat and well presented.

&*&*&*&*

Finally this is just what I see and my own point of view so I might be wrong myself as my older sister said the only science that is never restricted with rules is criticism!

PS: dear participants your work is wonderful and rich so mohbaboo take good care of such topics please
    and ours as well

Here I was
    regards

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة أسمـــاء ; 8-8-2011 الساعة 08:48 PM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي رد: -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

As a result of low number of voters + some disqualified voters
    We will evaluate the articles by a committee

the votes will be 50% only of the final score
    The committee will evaluate the articles based on the points I mentioned at the beginning

Thank you and be patient for the results

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة mohbaboo ; 11-8-2011 الساعة 05:28 AM

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    السعودية
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:
    كاتب الموضوع

افتراضي رد: -☀ English SUMMER ☀ Literary Articles CONTEST ☀ VOTE for the BEST ☀-

We, the English moderators, will mark every article out of 10 points each
    which will be added and divided by 2 then added again to the number of votes
    So, we don't know the winner so far
    Be patient ^_^

صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 12

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •