تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    أمريكا
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

افتراضي [The Process of Cloud Seeding - Sample ENG writing][Process Analysis]

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

My first Topic in the English section
    I have written plenty of stories and formal writings for my classes which is definitely boring.. but what can I say? I got forced to.
    But no.. today I'm going to show you a formal writing with thesis, hooks, and all the boring stuff in it.
    It's about Cloud Seeding or you can say "Artificial rain" See? Now it's not that boring
    I have done this research on my own It took me alots of time to finish it
    This text was originally made in MLA format but since I hate MLA.. I'm going to give it here (lol) just to destroy that MLA structure
    I'm not expecting from you to read it all.. but I think it's a good chance to see how to make "A process analysis paper " I got on this thing 85% which is pretty not bad
    because teachers just suc*s at grading
    and by the way.. this paper have some grammer errors, so don't start jumping around if you saw one.^^" I got this grade because of the grammer mistakes

The Process of Cloud Seeding
    Cloud seeding is a chemical process that can be done by injecting chemicals into the clouds, and it is a common method to improve rainfalls. There are many ways and techniques for seeding the clouds. The process can be complete by building devices located on the ground called generators, by flying airplanes into the clouds, or by rockets. The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding are Silver Iodide and dry ice. Seeding the clouds requires from the water particles a freezing point without becoming a solid, just like normal liquid water, but its temperature below zero Celsius to make the cloud rains or drop ice. Using Silver Iodide or dry ice is safe, but there are doubts about its real effectiveness. The structures of the chemicals that are being used in this process are similar to the water or the ice molecules, so they react quickly to make the water particles heavy and then drop as rain. The process of making an artificial rain requires an object to seed the clouds, loading it with chemicals, making the seeds reach the clouds, spraying the chemical components on the clouds, and then rain falls.
    Seeding the clouds can be done by any object that can spray the clouds. For example airplanes, rockets, anti-aircraft guns, or generators all of these will work. As for airplanes, they attach the chemicals on the wings of the airplane, and when the airplane flies into the clouds they spray the clouds with chemicals. In rockets, they attach a tank inside the rocket and when it reaches the clouds; the rocket explodes and sprays the clouds with chemicals. In generators, they pump the chemicals into the atmosphere; after the chemicals have been released the particles are carried downwind and upwards by air streams, carrying it to the clouds.
    Loading the object with chemicals requires some knowledge. The processes of loading these chemicals are different from object to another. However in general, put the chemicals into a clean tank, then attaching the container with the object that you are going to use to seed the clouds. The tank shouldn’t be a plastic because it might melt of the high temperature. The recommendations are either Iron or Aluminum tank. Taking a real example, if you want to use an airplane to seed the clouds, you need huge tanks that are attached near the wings of the airplane. Fill the tanks with chemicals and an electronic device so when you reach a certain altitude the device sensors understands that you are near the clouds and it start spraying the chemicals around the clouds. The same process goes with the rockets, but this time the tank will be placed inside the rocket, and attach some explosives that can destroy the rocket when it reaches the clouds. The chemicals are used in the process of cloud seeding are mostly dry ice, or Silver iodide. These two chemicals are not explosive or dangerous unless if someone taste or eat them, so carrying it around is safe.
    Forcing the chemicals to the clouds might be irritating. If there was a storm, then there is no way you can fly an airplane. Nor the generators will work either, because the storm will make winds and the seeds might travel to other clouds. The rocket in this situation will work, most rockets have gyro which it’s impossible for the winds to curve the rocket to other way. Taking the right weather is important concept of cloud seeding. Usually for people who do cloud seeding are in countries who don’t have enough rain and most likely the weather is sunny and not windy.
    Spraying the chemicals into the clouds will leads to a chemical reactions. While the chemicals reach the clouds, silver iodide or the dry ice will combine with water particles leading to chemical reactions, so what happens is the water particles get heavier and drop as an ice or rain. If the object flies over the clouds then it is recommended knowing the wind directions to see where to spray the chemicals. In the middle of 2010, an infrared laser pulses were directed to the air and that inspired the atmospheric sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide to form particles that would then act as seeds.
    Once the clouds have been seeded, the foundation of ice particles in super cooled clouds lets those particles grow into a liquid droplet. If plenty of water droplets grow, then the particles become heavy enough to fall as rain from the clouds, and it could take less than an hour to rain. In case of warm cloud systems, in which the temperature is not colder than zero Celsius, then salt is preferred for seeding to generate rain. Silver iodide or dry ice is generally used for clouds colder than zero Celsius to generate snow. Clouds seeding only works to the amount that there is already water vapor in the air or the cloud. The main goal is just to force rain to fall from the cloud in a particular area.
    In conclusion, cloud seeding is a weather modification system that aims to boost precipitation or rain by chemical reactions such as silver iodide or dry ice. The procedures of making cloud seeding require an object soaring into the clouds, attach some chemicals, spray the chemical components on the clouds and then rain drops. The process needs an object to seed the clouds or anything that can make the chemicals reaches the clouds. The second step is loading the object with chemicals that are going to seed the clouds. The third step is spraying Silver Iodide or dry ice into the clouds. Once the clouds seeded, we need to wait approximately thirty minutes to sixty minutes waiting for the rain to fall off. Until this day, we don’t know if this way is safe. Many countries are using it especially in China and the Middle East. The end

It might look small but it's 1000 words including all the citations and stuff
    If this was helpfull please rate it, if not then don't
    This is college writing and not high school.. and again just read it if were forced to write a process analysis paper, this is simple and great example
    If you were planning on writing something similar then try to write your thesis first.. and start developing it into paragraphs just like what I did
    I will try to post other writings, but I'm not sure if I will
    Will see how it goes

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة MeGa ; 11-7-2012 الساعة 09:55 AM سبب آخر: splice

الصورة الرمزية Schwert

تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2008
    المـشـــاركــات
    الــــدولــــــــة
    العراق
    الــجـــــنــــــس
    ذكر
    الـتـــقـــــيـيــم:

افتراضي رد: [The Process of Cloud Seeding - Sample ENG writing][Process Analysis]

^ ^Hi There
    It is Beautiful topic and the idea of cloud seeding is wierd beside it may be sth good
    Ur paragraph or thesis is wonderful and it's arranged well
    thanks for the nice topic/keep going
    best wishes

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •