Eva
16-6-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello Dear Msoms members

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-65.gif

Here you can find everything related toWilliam shakespear

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-261.gif

Poems

Here is a collection of sheakspear poems

http://www.mediafire.com/?1njz2dyzq2d (http://www.mediafire.com/?1njz2dyzq2d)

______

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-230.gif

Plays The Complete Shakespeare Reader 1.0

Price: Free Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008 Size :5.18 MB

The Free Electronic Shakespeare Reader is a downloadable piece of software that you can install on any Windows , and instantly have all of Shakespeare's 38 plays at your fingertips. No internet connection required; read plays at your leisure on any . An excellent study resource for any English Literature student. Provides in-depth full-text searching to all of Shakespeare's plays

Download

(http://www.mediafire.com/?fhs8mwy1k91y2xs)

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-221.gif

Quotations By Theme

Who is a man that is not angry? Timon of Athens (3.5.59), Alcibiades to the senators

Let grief Convert to anger; blunt not the heart, enrage it. Macbeth (4.3.228-9), Malcolm to Macduff

I understand a fury in your words But not the words. Othello (4.2.32-3), Desdemona to Othello

Wrath makes him deaf. 3 Henry VI (1.4.54), Queen Margaret, speaking of Clifford

What angel shall Bless this unworthy husband? he cannot thrive, Unless her prayers, whom heaven delights to hear And loves to grant, reprieve him from the wrath Of greatest justice. All's Well that Ends Well (3.4.28-32), Countess

The cannons have their bowels full of wrath, And ready mounted are they to spit forth Their iron indignation 'gainst your walls King John (2.1.217-9), King John

France, I am burn'd up with inflaming wrath; A rage whose heat hath this condition, That nothing can allay, nothing but blood, The blood, and dearest-valued blood, of France. King John (3.1.349-52), King John

Thou hadst been better have been born a dog Than answer my waked wrath! Othello (3.3.402-3), Othello to Iago

How angerly I taught my brow to frown, When inward joy enforced my heart to smile! The Two Gentlemen of Verona (1.2.64-5), Julia

Never till this day Saw I him touch'd with anger so distemper'd. The Tempest (4.1.159-60), Miranda speaking of Prospero

_________

Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell: It fell upon a little western flower, Before milk-white, now purple with love's wound, And maidens call it love-in-idleness. A Midsummer Night's Dream (2.1.169-72)

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows, Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine: There sleeps Titania sometime of the night, Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight. A Midsummer Night's Dream (2.1.255-60)

When daffodils begin to peer, With heigh! the doxy over the dale, Why, then comes in the sweet o' the year; For the red blood reigns in the winter's pale. The Winter's Tale (4.3.1-4)

Sir, the year growing ancient, Not yet on summer's death, nor on the birth Of trembling winter, the fairest flowers o' the season Are our carnations and streak'd gillyvors, Which some call nature's bastards: of that kind Our rustic garden's barren; and I care not To get slips of them. The Winter's Tale (4.4.92-9)

Here's flowers for you; Hot lavender, mints, savoury, marjoram; The marigold, that goes to bed wi' the sun And with him rises weeping: these are flowers Of middle summer, and I think they are given To men of middle age. The Winter's Tale (4.4.122-7)

Now, my fair'st friend, I would I had some flowers o' the spring that might Become your time of day; and yours, and yours, That wear upon your virgin branches yet Your maidenheads growing: O Proserpina, For the flowers now, that frighted thou let'st fall From Dis's waggon! daffodils, That come before the swallow dares, and take The winds of March with beauty; violets dim, But sweeter than the lids of Juno's eyes Or Cytherea's breath; pale primroses That die unmarried, ere they can behold Bight Phoebus in his strength--a malady Most incident to maids; bold oxlips and The crown imperial; lilies of all kinds, The flower-de-luce being one! O, these I lack, To make you garlands of, and my sweet friend, To strew him o'er and o'er! The Winter's Tale (4.4.133-50)

Lawn as white as driven snow; Cyprus black as e'er was crow; Gloves as sweet as damask roses. The Winter's Tale (4.4.248-50)

To guard a title that was rich before, To gild refined gold, to paint the lily, To throw a perfume on the violet, To smooth the ice, or add another hue Unto the rainbow, or with taper-light To seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, Is wasteful and ridiculous excess. King John (4.2.11-17

Like the lily, That once was mistress of the field and flourish'd, I'll hang my head and perish. Henry VIII (3.1.168-70)

What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet. Romeo and Juliet (2.2.45-7)

What, no more ceremony? See, my women! Against the blown rose may they stop their nose That kneel'd unto the buds. Antony and Cleopatra (3.13.44-6)

I have seen roses damask'd, red and white, But no such roses see I in her cheeks... Sonnet 130

No more be grieved at that which thou hast done: Roses have thorns, and silver fountains mud; Clouds and eclipses stain both moon and sun, And loathsome canker lives in sweetest bud. Sonnet 35

The rose looks fair, but fairer we it deem For that sweet odour which doth in it live. Sonnet 54

Yet nor the lays of birds nor the sweet smell Of different flowers in odour and in hue Could make me any summer's story tell, Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew; Nor did I wonder at the lily's white, Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose; They were but sweet, but figures of delight, Drawn after you, you pattern of all those. Sonnet 98

The lily I condemned for thy hand, And buds of marjoram had stol'n thy hair: The roses fearfully on thorns did stand, One blushing shame, another white despair; A third, nor red nor white, had stol'n of both And to his robbery had annex'd thy breath; But, for his theft, in pride of all his growth A vengeful canker eat him up to death. More flowers I noted, yet I none could see But sweet or colour it had stol'n from thee. Sonnet 99

At Christmas I no more desire a rose Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth; But like of each thing that in season grows. Love's Labours Lost (1.1)

When daisies pied and violets blue And lady-smocks all silver-white And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue Do paint the meadows with delight, Love's Labours Lost (5.2.900-4)

Not poppy, nor mandragora, Nor all the drowsy syrups of the world, Shall ever medicine thee to that sweet sleep Which thou owedst yesterday. Othello (3.3.368-71)

His steeds to water at those springs On chaliced flowers that lies; And winking Mary-buds begin To ope their golden eyes: With every thing that pretty is, My lady sweet, arise. Cymbeline (2.3.20-6)

The tempter or the tempted, who sins most? Ha! Not she: nor doth she tempt: but it is I That, lying by the violet in the sun, Do as the carrion does, not as the flower, Corrupt with virtuous season. Measure for Measure (2.2.186-91)

I think the king is but a man, as I am: the violet smells to him as it doth to me: the element shows to him as it doth to me. Henry V (4.1.155-7)

A violet in the youth of primy nature, Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting, The perfume and suppliance of a minute. Hamlet (1.3.9-12)

There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray, love, remember: and there is pansies. that's for thoughts. Hamlet (4.5.170-1)

There's fennel for you, and columbines: there's rue for you; and here's some for me: we may call it herb-grace o' Sundays: O you must wear your rue with a difference. There's a daisy: I would give you some violets, but they withered all when my father died: they say he made a good end,-- Hamlet (4.5.190-5)

There is a willow grows aslant a brook, That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream; There with fantastic garlands did she come Of crow-flowers, nettles, daisies, and long purples That liberal shepherds give a grosser name, But our cold maids do dead men's fingers call them: There, on the pendent boughs her coronet weeds Clambering to hang, an envious sliver broke; When down her weedy trophies and herself Fell in the weeping brook. Hamlet (4.7.182-91)

Lay her i' the earth: And from her fair and unpolluted flesh May violets spring! I tell thee, churlish priest, A ministering angel shall my sister be, When thou liest howling. HAMLET. What, the fair Ophelia! QUEEN GERTRUDE. Sweets to the sweet: farewell! (Scattering flowers) Hamlet (5.1.237-43)

'Tis dangerous to take a cold, to sleep, to drink; but I tell you, my lord fool, out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety. 1 Henry IV (2.3.9-11)

He was met even now As mad as the vex'd sea; singing aloud; Crown'd with rank fumiter and furrow-weeds, With bur-docks, hemlock, nettles, cuckoo-flowers, Darnel, and all the idle weeds that grow In our sustaining corn. King Lear (4.4.2-6)

________

Keep thy friend Under thy own life's key. (All's Well That Ends Well 1.1.65-6), Countess to Bertram

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel. (Hamlet 1.3.62-3), Polonius to Laertes

A friend should bear his friend's infirmities. (Julius Caesar 4.3.85), Cassius to Brutus

Friendship is constant in all things Save in the office and affairs of love. (Much Ado About Nothing 2.1.166-7), Claudio

I count myself in nothing else so happy As in a soul remembering my good friends. (Richard II) 2.3.46-7, Bolingbroke to Percy

The band that seems to tie their friendship together will be the very strangler of their amity. (Antony and Cleopatra 2.6.150), Enobarbus

To set a gloss on faint deeds, hollow welcomes, Recanting goodness, sorry ere 'tis shown; But where there is true friendship, there needs none. (Timon of Athens 1.2.20), Timon

I desire you in friendship, and I will one way or other make you amends. (The Merry Wives of Windsor 3.1.133), Antonio

To mingle friendship far is mingling bloods. (The Winter's Tale 1.2.135), Leontes

Thy friendship makes us fresh. (1 Henry VI 3.3.87), Charles to the Bastard of Orleans

Since my dear soul was mistress of her choice And could of men distinguish her election, Sh'ath sealed thee for herself. (Hamlet 3.2.75-7), Hamlet to Horatio

I would not wish Any companion in the world but you. (The Tempest 3.1.60-1), Miranda to Ferdinand

If thou wilt lend this money, lend it not As to thy friends; for when did friendship take A breed for barren metal of his friend? (The Merchant of Venice 1.3.133), Antonio to Shylock

There is flattery in friendship. (Henry V 3.7.102), Constable to Orleans

That which I would discover The law of friendship bids me to conceal. (The Two Gentlemen of Verona 3.1.5-6), Proteus to the Duke Love, friendship, charity, are subjects all

To envious and calumniating time. (Troilus and Cressida 3.3.180-1), Ulysses to Achilles

________

A man can no more separate age and covetousness than a' can part young limbs and lechery. 2 Henry IV 1.2.226-7, Falstaff

Marry, sir, lullaby to your bounty till I come again. I go, sir; but I would not have you to think that my desire of having is the sin of covetousness: but, as you say, sir, let your bounty take a nap, I will awake it anon. Twelfth Night 5.1.42-6, Clown to Duke Orsino

With this there grows In my most ill-composed affection such A stanchless avarice that, were I king, I should cut off the nobles for their lands, Desire his jewels and this other's house: And my more-having would be as a sauce To make me hunger more; that I should forge Quarrels unjust against the good and loyal, Destroying them for wealth. Macbeth 4.3.91-99, Malcolm to Macduff in an attempt to prove Macduff's loyalty to Scotland

If I were covetous, ambitious or perverse, As he will have me, how am I so poor? 1 Henry VI 3.1.30-1, Bishop of Winchester to Gloucester

Thy ambition, Thou scarlet sin, robb'd this bewailing land. Henry VIII 3.2.306-7, Surrey

I grant him bloody, Luxurious, avaricious, false, deceitful, Sudden, malicious, smacking of every sin That has a name. Macbeth 4.3.70-3, Malcolm speaking to Macduff about Macbeth

Thou are not for the fashion of these times, Where none will sweat but for promotion As You Like It 2.3.61-2, Orlando to Adam

See, sons, what things you are, How quickly nature falls into revolt When gold becomes her object. 2Henry IV 4.5.64-6, Henry to Gloucester and Clarence

Wilt thou be lord of the whole world Antony and Cleopatra 2.7.65, Menas to Pompey

Third Fisherman: Master, I marvel how the fishes live in the sea. First Fisherman: Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones. Pericles 2.1.69-70

Lowliness is young ambition's ladder, Whereto the climber-upward turns his face; But when he once attains the upmost round. He then unto the ladder turns his back, Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees By which he did ascend. Julius Caesar 2.1.23-7, Brutus

Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself And falls on the other. Macbeth 1.7.28-9, Macbeth

To have what we would have, we speak not what we mean. Measure for Measure 2.4.118, Isabella to Angelo

So that in venturing ill we leave to be The things we are for that which we expect; And this ambitious foul infirmity, In having much, torments us with defect Of that we have: so then we do neglect The thing we have; and, all for want of wit, Make something nothing by augmenting it. The Rape of Lucrece 148-4

_______

It is a wise father that knows his own child. The Merchant of Venice (2.2.73)

Why, ’tis a happy thing To be the father unto many sons. Henry VI, Part III (3.2.103-4)

Who would be a father! Othello (1.1.162)

To you, your father should be as a god; One that compos’d your beauties, yea, and one To whom you are but as a form in wax By him imprinted, and within his power To leave the figure or disfigure it. A Midsummer Night's Dream (1.1.50-4)

I would my father look’d but with my eyes. A Midsummer Night's Dream (1.1.61)

How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is To have a thankless child. King Lear (1.4.280)

Had he not resembled My father as he slept I had done ’t. Macbeth (2.2.16-17)

Alack, what heinous sin is it in me To be asham’d to be my father’s child! The Merchant of Venice (2.3.15-16)

The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children. The Merchant of Venice (3.5.1)

________

Get thee a good husband, and use him as he uses thee. (All's Well That Ends Well 1.1.212-13)

If men could be contented to be what they are, there were no fear in marriage. (All's Well That Ends Well 1.3.54)

A young man married is a man that's marr'd. (All's Well That Ends Well 2.3.297)

Men are April when they woo, December when they wed: maids are May when they are maids, but the sky changes when they are wives. (As You Like It 4.1.130-2)

The fittest time to corrupt a man's wife is when she's fallen out with her husband. (Coriolanus 4.3.30-2)

With mirth in funeral and with dirge in marriage. (Hamlet 1.2.13)

The instances that second marriage move Are base respects of thrift, but none of love. (Hamlet 3.2.185-6)

Marriage is a matter of more worth Than to be dealt in by attorneyship. (1 Henry VI 5.5.50-1)

For what is wedlock forced but a hell, An age of discord and continual strife? Whereas the contrary bringeth bliss, And is a pattern of celestial peace. (1 Henry VI 5.5.63-6)

Hasty marriage seldom proveth well. (3 Henry VI 4.1.19)

Hanging and wiving goes by destiny. (The Merchant of Venice 2.9.85)

In love the heavens themselves do guide the state; Money buys lands, and wives are sold by fate. (The Merry Wives of Windsor 5.5.225-6)

In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke. (Much Ado About Nothing 1.1.243-4)

Thou art sad; get thee a wife, get thee a wife! (Much Ado About Nothing 5.4.126)

The curse of marriage That we can call these delicate creatures ours And not their appetites! (Othello 3.3.272-3)

I have thrust myself into this maze, Haply to wive and thrive as best I may. (The Taming of the Shrew 1.2.56-7)

Thy husband is thy lord, thy life, thy keeper, Thy head, thy sovereign; one that cares for thee, And for thy maintenance commits his body To painful labour both by sea and land, To watch the night in storms, the day in cold, Whilst thou liest warm at home, secure and safe; And craves no other tribute at thy hands But love, fair looks and true obedience; Too little payment for so great a debt. (The Taming of the Shrew 5.2.145-53)

Who woo'd in haste and means to wed at leisure. (The Taming of the Shrew 3.2.12)

This is a way to kill a wife with kindness. (The Taming of the Shrew 4.1.197)

I will be master of what is mine own: She is my goods, my chattels; she is my house, My household stuff, my field, my barn, My horse, my ox, my ass, my any thing. (The Taming of the Shrew 3.2.228-31)

Fools are as like husbands as pilchards are to herrings, the husband's the bigger. (Twelfth Night 3.1.35-6)

You must not stay here longer, your dismission Is come from Caesar; therefore hear it, Antony. Where's Fulvia's process? Caesar's I would say? both? Call in the messengers. As I am Egypt's queen, Thou blushest, Antony; and that blood of thine Is Caesar's homager: else so thy cheek pays shame When shrill-tongued Fulvia scolds. The messengers! Antony and Cleopatra (1.1.30-6) Though age from folly could not give me freedom, It does from childishness: can Fulvia die? Antony and Cleopatra (1.3.68-9) How many fond fools serve mad jealousy? The Comedy of Errors (2.1.116) That hath made him mad. I am sorry that with better heed and judgment I had not quoted him: I fear'd he did but trifle, And meant to wreck thee; but, beshrew my jealousy! By heaven, it is as proper to our age To cast beyond ourselves in our opinions As it is common for the younger sort To lack discretion. Hamlet (2.1.120-27) To my sick soul, as sin's true nature is, Each toy seems prologue to some great amiss: So full of artless jealousy is guilt, It spills itself in fearing to be spilt. Hamlet (4.5.20-4) O, how hast thou with 'jealousy infected The sweetness of affiance! Henry V (2.2.130-1) As doubtful thoughts, and rash-embraced despair, And shuddering fear, and green-eyed jealousy! The Merchant of Venice (3.2.115-16) For that I do suspect the lusty Moor Hath leap'd into my seat; the thought whereof Doth, like a poisonous mineral, gnaw my inwards; And nothing can or shall content my soul Till I am even'd with him, wife for wife, Or failing so, yet that I put the Moor At least into a jealousy so strong That judgment cannot cure. Othello (2.1.315-22) As, I confess, it is my nature's plague To spy into abuses, and oft my jealousy Shapes faults that are not. Othello (3.3.168-70) O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock The meat it feeds on; that cuckold lives in bliss Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger. Othello (3.3.189-92) Trifles light as air Are to the jealous confirmations strong As proofs of holy writ. Othello (3.3.360-2) My foolish rival, that her father likes Only for his possessions are so huge, Is gone with her along, and I must after, For love, thou know'st, is full of jealousy. Two Gentlemen of Verona (2.4.175-8) Why should I not, had I the heart to do it, Like to the Egyptian thief at point of death, Kill what I love?--a savage jealousy That sometimes savours nobly. Twelfth Night (5.1.120-23)

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-76.gif

There will be updates as possible ^^

Jana~

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/missbone/miss-bone-80.gif

Naro-chan
16-6-2010, 06:48 PM
lol
that's cool darling

keep go on

regards
: )))

Eva
16-6-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your nice comment sis ^^

Ls460L
16-6-2010, 07:40 PM
Really you do a special and uinque topic that I have never seen before in this division.

mohbaboo
16-6-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome ^^
thank you for the nice collection

I really wanted to download some of his stuff
all his works have their own special taste in reading

I enjoyed Macbeth and Othello
they were great
maybe it's time to read more

thank you again
and keep the good work

Eva
16-6-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks a lot for your support ^^ I'm really glad that you like it

Schwert
17-6-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi sis^ ^1
I really appreciate ur brilliant effort to present this wonderful and useful topic
there're many things relates to shakespear I didin't read it yet
this topic would be reference to me if I need something back to shakespear
thank u very much indeed sister, go on

Eva
17-6-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your nice comment brother ... I'm glad you like it

omeratta
17-6-2010, 06:24 PM
thanx man for every thing

NIGHT LIGHT
26-6-2010, 02:59 PM
is it great , or not great , this is problem?

no problem at all , it is definitely great

thank you my dear