Here we are with the results
The 1st three are still the same
The next two quizzes will be the last
So, don't quit now

A

Listen and fill the gabs

Last week, we told you that the number of foreign students in the United States had reached an all-time high. More than six hundred seventy-one thousand foreign students attended an American college or university during the last school year. So says the latest report from the Institute of International Education.
Many international students choose
1) large schools. But a growing number of them are attending smaller ones

Douglas Bennett is the president of Earlham College, a liberal arts college in Richmond, Indiana, that actively seeks 2) foreign students

DOUGLAS BENNETT: "We're a small college, just twelve hundred students. But about fifteen percent of our undergraduates come from homes outside the United States, which is astronomically
3) high for an American college or university

Doug Bennett has written several articles aimed at helping students choose a college that best fits their needs. He says one of the important things to consider is the
4) size of a school. He says Earlham College is small for a reason

DOUGLAS BENNETT: "We aren't that small because we couldn't be bigger. We're that small because we think we educate much more effectively and much more powerfully because we stay small. It stretches everyone more. It draws everyone into more different kinds of
5) activities l

B

Listen and answer by choosing the correct answer

The study says American children eat an average of _____________ a day on top of three regular meals
three snacks
five snacks
six snacks

Desserts and candy are the major source of calories from snacks
True
False > it says in the video that the major source are desserts and sweetened drinks, after that comes salted food and candy
It's not said on the video

Childhood obesity has ________ over the last 30 years
Remained
Doubled
Tripled

The federal government is encouraging schools to make more time for physical activity
True
False

The Centers for Disease Control wants the government to put taxes on sugary drinks and junk food
True
False

C

Listen and fill the gabs

A few 1) degrees can make a big difference when it comes to food storage. Foods can go bad if they get too warm. But for many of the world's poor, finding a good way to keep food cool is difficult. Refrigerators are 2) costly and they need electricity

Yet spoiled food not only creates health risks but also economic
3) losses . Farmers lose money when they have to throw away products that they cannot sell quickly

But in nineteen ninety-five a teacher in northern Nigeria named Mohammed Bah Abba found a solution. He developed the "Pot-in-Pot Preservation/Cooling System." It uses two
4) round containers made of clay. A smaller pot is placed inside a larger one. The space between the two pots is filled with wet 5) sand . The inner pot can be filled with fruit, vegetables or drinks. A wet cloth covers the whole cooling system

D

Listen and answer by choosing the correct answer

Tuman's family has been working there since _____

The lakes have shrunk to _______________ of their original size
less than half
half
more than half

India's government has spent ____________________________ to have the lakes cleaned
ten million dollars
tens of millions of dollars
twenty million dollars

Tuman says the dredging machines have not helped with the pollution problem
True
False

Houseboats also contribute to the lake's pollution
True
False

I'm sorry if anyone submitted the answers before I lost them
but I did what I could and wrote a comment, changed the topic, and even extended the submition for another 4 days. There is nothing more I can do, and it's everyone's responssibility to check on the topic regularly

Here is the table of the results and marks

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1329043543

Please remind me if there's any errors in the table
Until we meet next time soon
^_^