Malik ibn Sa’sa reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, narrated to them about his Night Journey, saying, “We ascended until we reached the second heaven where Gabriel asked for the gate to be opened, but it was said: Who is it? Gabriel said: I am Gabriel. It was said: Who is with you? Gabriel said: It is Muhammad. It was said: Has he been called? Gabriel said yes. When we reached beyond the second heaven, I saw John and Jesus who are cousins. Gabriel said: These are John and Jesus, so greet them with peace. I greeted them with peace and they returned my greeting, saying: Welcome, O righteous brother and prophet.”
In another narration, the Prophet said, “Then we departed to the sixth heaven wherein I met Moses, peace be upon him, and I greeted him with peace. Moses said: Welcome, O righteous brother and prophet. When we passed by him, he wept and it was said: What makes you weep? Moses said: This youth has been sent after me and more people from his nation will enter Paradise than my nation. Then we departed to the seventh heaven wherein I met Abraham, peace be upon him. I saw four rivers flowing from their source, two were manifest and two were hidden. I said: O Gabriel, what are these rivers? Gabriel said: The two hidden rivers are rivers in Paradise and the two manifest rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates. Then the heavenly house (al-bayt al-ma’mūr) was raised for me and I said: O Gabriel, what is this? Gabriel said: This is the heavenly house in which enters seventy thousand angels every day, and when they go out they never return again. Then I was presented with two vessels, one with wine and another with milk, so I chose the milk. It was said: You have chosen right, so Allah will lead your nation to the right course by you according to nature (al-fiṭrah).”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3247, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 164
Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim
عَنْ مَالِكِ بْنِ صَعْصَعَةَ أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ حَدَّثَهُمْ عَنْ لَيْلَةَ أُسْرِيَ بِهِ ثُمَّ صَعِدَ حَتَّى أَتَى السَّمَاءَ الثَّانِيَةَ فَاسْتَفْتَحَ قِيلَ مَنْ هَذَا قَالَ جِبْرِيلُ قِيلَ وَمَنْ مَعَكَ قَالَ مُحَمَّدٌ قِيلَ وَقَدْ أُرْسِلَ إِلَيْهِ قَالَ نَعَمْ فَلَمَّا خَلَصْتُ فَإِذَا يَحْيَى وَعِيسَى وَهُمَا ابْنَا خَالَةٍ قَالَ هَذَا يَحْيَى وَعِيسَى فَسَلِّمْ عَلَيْهِمَا فَسَلَّمْتُ فَرَدَّا ثُمَّ قَالَا مَرْحَبًا بِالْأَخِ الصَّالِحِ وَالنَّبِيِّ الصَّالِحِ
وفي رواية مسلم قال ثُمَّ انْطَلَقْنَا حَتَّى انْتَهَيْنَا إِلَى السَّمَاءِ السَّادِسَةِ فَأَتَيْتُ عَلَى مُوسَى عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام فَسَلَّمْتُ عَلَيْهِ فَقَالَ مَرْحَبًا بِالْأَخِ الصَّالِحِ وَالنَّبِيِّ الصَّالِحِ فَلَمَّا جَاوَزْتُهُ بَكَى فَنُودِيَ مَا يُبْكِيكَ قَالَ رَبِّ هَذَا غُلَامٌ بَعَثْتَهُ بَعْدِي يَدْخُلُ مِنْ أُمَّتِهِ الْجَنَّةَ أَكْثَرُ مِمَّا يَدْخُلُ مِنْ أُمَّتِي قَالَ ثُمَّ انْطَلَقْنَا حَتَّى انْتَهَيْنَا إِلَى السَّمَاءِ السَّابِعَةِ فَأَتَيْتُ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَقَالَ فِي الْحَدِيثِ وَحَدَّثَ نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنَّهُ رَأَى أَرْبَعَةَ أَنْهَارٍ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ أَصْلِهَا نَهْرَانِ ظَاهِرَانِ وَنَهْرَانِ بَاطِنَانِ فَقُلْتُ يَا جِبْرِيلُ مَا هَذِهِ الْأَنْهَارُ قَالَ أَمَّا النَّهْرَانِ الْبَاطِنَانِ فَنَهْرَانِ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَأَمَّا الظَّاهِرَانِ فَالنِّيلُ وَالْفُرَاتُ ثُمَّ رُفِعَ لِي الْبَيْتُ الْمَعْمُورُ فَقُلْتُ يَا جِبْرِيلُ مَا هَذَا قَالَ هَذَا الْبَيْتُ الْمَعْمُورُ يَدْخُلُهُ كُلَّ يَوْمٍ سَبْعُونَ أَلْفَ مَلَكٍ إِذَا خَرَجُوا مِنْهُ لَمْ يَعُودُوا فِيهِ آخِرُ مَا عَلَيْهِمْ ثُمَّ أُتِيتُ بِإِنَاءَيْنِ أَحَدُهُمَا خَمْرٌ وَالْآخَرُ لَبَنٌ فَعُرِضَا عَلَيَّ فَاخْتَرْتُ اللَّبَنَ فَقِيلَ أَصَبْتَ أَصَابَ اللَّهُ بِكَ أُمَّتُكَ عَلَى الْفِطْرَةِ
3247 صحيح البخاري كتاب أحاديث الأنبياء باب قول الله تعالى ذكر رحمة ربك عبده زكرياء إذ نادى ربه نداء خفيا
164 صحيح مسلم كتاب الإيمان باب الإسراء برسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إلى السماوات وفرض الصلوات